Training Course title:
Artificial Lift Power Connection Design Applications- Troubleshooting
Principal Facilitator: David P. Davidson
Lead Facilitator: Ray Johnson
This training session is geared to oil & gas engineers and specialists at engineering design and oil service companies who design and apply advanced power connection systems for offshore umbilical projects and artificial lift applications in subsea and other high cost intervention environments.
Design, troubleshooting techniques and application make-up of tooling (such as electric submersible pump applications) will be examined, and plenty of time set aside for class team problem solving exercises. All forms of oilfield connection systems will be analyzed on a class case-by-case basis.
Participants are encouraged to bring their problem sets together with any operating data to the workshop.
Upon completion, training participants (Oil & Gas Production engineers, technicians and operators) will :
1. Assess key criteria in selecting Oilfield Power Connection Technologies.
2. Utilize visualization tools of Past,Present and Future connection developments to help determine what may be best for your specific application.
3. Engage in power connection RCA root cause analysis troubleshooting exercises on key problem sets (such as artificial lift ESP early pull issues) related to their operations.
4. Lead a team based root cause remedy process to tackle their operating problem sets.
5. Evaluate and report on proper remedy to resolve respective tooling operating problems.
6. Demonstrate preparation of at least one case study report of financial operations savings, and / or improved revenue from increased oil production utilizing newly learned troubleshooting techniques.
Attendees should come prepared to be actively involved in team exercises. Reminder: bring your operating problems and any data evidence you'd like to share during breakout problem solving sessions.
This course is a 'drill down' topic to our broader troubleshooting RCA curriculum. For example, we are seeing operators with issues related to traditional old school pothead power connections that are being misdiagnosed or lumped together. For example, in production artificial lift operations, electrical submersible pump string elements such as motor and cable issues. Hence, the drill down discipline training.
Cost: $3750 per person. Hotel and related travel expenses are the participant's responsibility.
At its core, these proposed objectives define the major "take-aways" that engineers and production foremen will learn after completing the training. This training is designed exclusively for oil & gas operators.
Please email for outline schedule of program details.
Optional Knowledge Base additions - Technical Primers
Based on pre-class input and requests, briefs on various ESP systems topics may be included in the program.
Examples of Primer Topics from previous classes are shown below. Actual topics vary, depending on time allowed, student requests and input during registration and before the classes begin. Primer topics are to be decided upon prior to final registration and commencement of classes.
Dialogues - typically about 20 min.
• Primers - Sand, Corrosion, Fluids
• Primers - Applications as Root Cause in Early Pulls
• Primers - Past & Present - Traditional Pothead Connections
• Primers - Guest Vendors / Advancements in Power Connection Technologies
• Primers - Drafting Tender Specifications for Power Connection Technologies
• Primers - API ESP Teardown Standards
• Interested in future customized training sessions? Please let us know any other dates and locations you and your company would be interested in.
An application form is provided below in both MS
Word and PDF formats. No worries - security scanned & virus free.
Need additional information? Please email inquiries & registration form to :
You'll receive an acknowledgement by email within 36 hours or earlier, once we've received your registration form.
Would you like some time to get approvals and need a courtesy hold (72 hour) without commitment, while sorting out any company approvals? Just send an email with "courtesy reservation" in the subject line together with location and date you're interested in. Either way, we'll get right back to you.
What separates Artificial Lift. pro from the rest? More value received, - your employees will complete training and be prepared the next day at work to achieve your required objectives - to improve operations and help your company profit. In addition, employees are rewarded with world class professional training. Training ON TARGET !
Customized solutions. By preparing objectives with you at the beginning of curriculum development, our goal is to
- determine ESP operational behavioral outcomes when applying new skill sets and lessons learned.
- establish a reference point in determining: structure, content, instructional/learning methods, and assessment & evaluation design
- develop a communications tool should you need to introduce the course to other employees and managers within your company.
- provide a motivational device for the production professionals in setting expectations and targets.
- obtain a framework to help develop the studentís ability for self-assessment.
Please give us a call, or email and let us know what you'd like to achieve.